How to Naturally Grow Longer and Thicker Lashes
When it comes to our own lashes, it feels like there’s no such thing as too long or too thick. Unfortunately, the products that promise us longer and thicker lashes tend to be on the more pricey side (I’m looking at you, Latisse).
This natural lash growth serum that I’m sharing with you today is a tried-and-true method for growing lashes longer and thicker at home – naturally. The best part is, it’s relatively inexpensive and simple to make!
What you need to make this lash growth serum:
- Cold pressed castor oil (1 teaspoon)
- Lavender essential oil (1-2 drops)
- Clean mascara wand to apply your mixture to your lashes (can be found at any department store.. I got one for free from Sephora)
- Clean container to store your mixture
How to make/use natural lash growth serum at home:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of cold pressed castor oil with 1-2 drops of lavender essential oil in clean container.
- Using a clean mascara wand, apply the mixture to clean lashes before going to bed.
- Repeat application every night before bed
Why it works:
Lavender oil and hair growth: Lavender oil is a known remedy for alopecia. Studies have shown that it helps to promote hair growth in those suffering from alopecia, which is why you may have noticed it in a lot of products targeting hair loss.
Castor oil and hair growth: Castor oil is a well-known traditional remedy for hair loss. It contains natural antibacterial and antifungal properties, vitamin E, minerals, proteins, and omega 6 and 9 fatty acids. It also contains high amounts of ricinoleic acid, which penetrates into the pores of the skin and hair follicles to provide nourishment and improves hair growth.
Note: This formula definitely works to grow lashes longer and thicker, however the rate of results can vary from person to person. I personally see visible results in about 2 weeks whenever I use this.
As always, I hope you liked this post and let me know if you end up trying this out!
P.S. Make sure to check out my other post on how to grow your hair longer in just one week: How to Grow Long Hair Really Fast