How to Grow Long Hair Really Fast (1 week!)
Today I’m sharing a helpful tutorial I found a couple months ago on how to grow hair really fast.
Last year I went to a new hairdresser who I had been following on Instagram for a long time. Her work looked amazing and I had seen videos of her working with social media influencers and they all looked gorgeous after she was done working her hair magic. I was so excited when I finally booked an appointment with her for a dye job because I thought I would receive the same treatment and similar results.
Unfortunately, that’s not what happened.
She ended up being extremely rude, mean, and convinced me to cut my long hair (it was down to my lower back!) up to my shoulders because if we didn’t, she said, she would have to use a special formula to colour my hair. I agreed to it because she was the expert here, not me.
However, once my hair was cut short, she told me “Nevermind, we’re going to have to use the other formula anyways” and charged me a ridiculously high amount for hair that I didn’t even want. I ended up with a cut and style that I didn’t like and a dye job that was average at best.
Now before you attack me in the comments, this was completely my fault. Yes, she didn’t need to be so rude and condescending during the appointment… but when it comes to the haircut, I was the one who let it happen.
I’ve learned my lesson since. Don’t fall for marketing, read reviews, and don’t stand idly by if someone tells you that you need to do something that you don’t want to do.
Needless to say, I’ve been trying to grow my hair out ever since.
Thankfully, I found a tutorial on Youtube by Alexandra’sGirlyTalk on how to grow long hair really quickly. I’ve been using this method for a while now and I am happy to say that my hair is now almost down to my bellybutton again! However for those of you who want faster results, don’t worry… as you can see from the video, even doing this treatment once is enough to see hair growth within 1 week.
Since the video has helped me so much, I wanted to share it with you all along with a written form of the instructions.
See the video here:
What you need:
How to use it:
- Mix 15 drops of rosemary oil with 2 tablespoons of castor oil in an empty dropper bottle
- Section your hair and apply the oil mixture to your scalp wherever you want more hair growth
- Leave the mixture on your hair for a minimum of 3 days (you might want to do this treatment during a time when you don’t need to go out because this mixture is quite thick)
And that’s it!
Other hair growth tips:
- Use the inversion method once a month. The inversion method (as shown in the video) is when you hold your head upside down for 4 minutes to encourage blood flow to the head. Follow it up with a quick head massage to further stimulate the scalp and encourage blood flow.
- Deep condition once per week
- Take vitamins such as Biotin and Omega 3
Hope that helped! As always, let me know if you try this out!
Do you have any hair horror stories? Let me know in the comments below!